Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Recovery

Ack, I am so sorry it took so long to get her update on this thing. Believe me I wanted to do it earlier! The laptop would not connect to the internet and my cell phone died right after she was wheeled in. The charger was in the truck, and I said screw it! My fabulous husband just brought me another laptop....ahhhh!

Surgery went well. It seemed to have gone on forever, but all in all, she was back there from about 8:15 a.m. until 2 p.m. She is now in PICU, and we are trying to get her comfortable. She seemed pretty comfy for the first couple of hours, then steadily climbed into, "I am in pain over here!" We have given her Morphine and Valium and she is still acting out. Her heartrate is high, she is grunting and moaning, developed a fever, urine output slowed, and her seizures are doing their, " Our host doesn't feel good, let's go wild!". This is not my comfort zone with her. This is such unfamiliar territory. Give me a hefty respiratory illness and I will be okay ( well......) but this, this sucks. Her fragile little body now has 2 titanium rods screwed into it, and it hurts her. This painful ordeal is also such a Blessing to her precious body. The surgeon told us he took her from a 100 degree curve to a 65 degree curve, that is impressive! I am shocked that I can already see a difference on her. Her surgical site is still covered, but I can already see a difference with her ribcage, that's nuts. I am beyond excited to see what the future holds for her. Can you imagine how much more comfortable she will be in her wheelchair and in her carseat?! I can't wait! Thank you all so much for your Prayers, I can tell you that I felt them. Last night was ugly for me, but today, when I should have been a WRECK, I was pretty cool, calm and collected. I felt peace and virtually no fear. I am trying to upload a few pictures but I keep running into problems... so those will be at a later time.

No comments: