Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lightbulb

You know that moment when a light bulb lights up in your head? This recently happened to both Jim and I. So we moved, and all of the Perryman clan are thrilled with our new home. There is only one drawback, one. It's that Kira Jean and I are sharing a room. While it works structurally  it was not working during the hours when one should be in R.E.M. All night long, Kira would snort, breath heavy and just out right be loud and unable to tune out. I would change her position, but nothing seemed to make her comfortable and quiet. I was getting NO sleep. I have been slow drip feeding her all night long for at least a year. She eats from basically 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. Well, almost at the same moment Jim and I realized, "Hey, she's quiet and comfy during the day, why is she aggravated at night? The feeding!" So I am putting her back on bolus feeds during the day, and nothing at night. VIOLA! I slept last night!!! Yay, so this rooming situation will in fact work out. She was 2 seconds away from sleeping outside! Guess I will keep her! ;)

No comments: