Monday, September 5, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day!

Kira's respite nurse starts tomorrow. All I know about her thus far is- her name is Jessica. She will be here at 8 a.m. I actually have an appointment for Sissy tomorrow at 11 a.m. for her monthly port flush. I will take Jessica with me. The house is pretty much ready for her, but there are still some odd and end things I need to do in Kira's room to be 100% ready. As it is, I have all of her tubing, ointments, hair clips, lip glosses, masks, etc. joined in the same tubs. So I need to separate and organize for the nurse to have easy access to each individual item. I am okay with a disorganized organized box, but that's just me. ;) I am honestly a bit nervous, and there's this small part of me that's still asking "Why am I doing this?" I already know the answer to that though. I am doing this for Kira, and ignoring any Mother pride that is trying to get in the way of it. I will definitely update tomorrow evening, about how the first day went. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO proud of you sweetie, there are no words. I'll be there tomorrow to meet Jessica - I love you, MOM

Kathleen Fortner said...

You are such an amazing, beautiful woman. One that I look up to. I hope Jessica works out well for you, you deserve the help, as does Kira. It makes you a better mom for recognizing the need, than it would for you to keep pushing through.