Sunday, January 28, 2018

Dec. 2017 & Jan. 2018

Hello hello friends and family! I know I didn't update about her latest hospitalization, but quick rundown... She got sick on Dec. 20th, like, the moment Christmas break started...boo! She was sick, but was I was able to clear her, and keep her 02's up at home for a while. Then on the 29th, I took her in to the ED (ER). This time was different though, her 02;s weren't horrible, as they are when she has her normal pneumonias, and her x-ray and labs looked good, so the Dr. said, "Keep doing what you're doing at home, this is bronchitis." So I took her home, and continued her aggressive respiratory treatments, but she just didn't look good! She was working SO hard to breath, and sounded super course. Then on Jan. 2nd.. my girl kind of crashed on me. Her oxygen went into the 70's and she looked terrible.. I knew she HAD to be admitted at that point. She was. What's crazy though, is that although she had been sick for quite a while, she got worse while in, and she developed a 9 day fever and untamable seizures. We all agreed this was a secondary illness, meaning she picked something else up right after coming in. It was a bumpy ride, as it always is when she is inpatient, but by the grace of God, she improved and home we went on Jan 12th. Fast forward to now (2 weeks after coming home), and I am shocked that I have to announce that I might actually have to take her back in! This is the 3rd illness hitting her in one month?!! She doesn't go anywhere, and it's only family and her home nurse that have been around her, and of course we all make sure we have clean hands around her. I don't get it. Last night, her secretions were THIIICK and sticky, and she had a fever of 102. This morning, her fever was 102 again, and she was working hard.. breathing fast, retracting, etc. I did a round of all of her therapy equipment, gave her meds, and worked my Momma magic the best I could. The meds kicked in, she is out cold, fever is gone..BUT, without oxygen, her 02 levels are 86% <---- NOT good. So, here I sit.. debating on what to do, releasing whatever needs to be released a bit by posting this, having coffee, and thinking I need to jump in the shower and pack a bag just in case.. At this point, I am pretty sure I am going to get fired from my job. I KNOOOOW Kira is numero uno, and family is first, regardless.. but Lord have mercy, I'm surprised my co-workers still know my name.

No comments: