Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1-31-12

I feel terrible only blogging when she is not doing well. But really, what else is there for me to blog about? On the  23rd, Kira became sick. Just a cold. I think. Aaron had a cold and of course since I'm my babies love machine, I transfer the germs from Aaron's mouth to Kira's mouth without knowing. I can't just stop kissing my babies, and the cheek or forehead isn't enough. She started with the normal congestion sounds, needing frequent suctioning to cough and clear, and requiring some 02. After 3 days of being sick and NEEDING oxygen, I decide to take her in. My plan was to come home with her that day, but I wanted to see if she needed antibiotics or not. You would not believe what happened next. As SOON as I take her in, she is satting ( oxygenating) at almost a full 100% and sounds pretty clear. It actually pissed me off, because it was ridiculous. She IS sick, she HAS been sounding terrible and needing oxygen, but viola, she's better in front of the hospital staff? All I could keep saying, is " Are you kidding me?!" " I kept telling them, I would not have brought her in if she was like this at home. It was bizarre. Her x ray showed "viral streaking" but no pneumonia. So we went home, and of course, she is looking/acting sick again. That theory of when you take your car to a mechanic and it won't make THE sound. It totally applied to us. Anyway.. yesterday a.m. I thought she sounded better and I took her off the 02. She held her oxygen well enough, in the mid 90's. But by the afternoon, she needed the 02 again. This morning upon waking, I was happy to *hear* her breathing sounding pretty clear. Until I realized that it's like a tricky surface clear breathing... make sense? That's okay if not, I hardly ever do. But she is satting at 87-89 on room air, and it sounds like the congestion is deep, but clear in her throat and upper. I still think I can keep her home for this illness... if it does/has in fact turned into pneumonia, I will treat accordingly. I am so *over* hospital stays. I am over the chaos, the anxiety, the discomfort, the sleep deprivation, the family disruption... all of it. 

My apologies for the downer post.

I would like to ask for some Prayers for 2 beautiful little girls. I have been reading their stories lately. These two beauties have anencephaly. One's name is Katie and the other's name is Pearce. They are such precious fighters, and have exceeded their grim prognosis..much like Sissy. As you can imagine, they have many issues, and challenges. Pearce is about to celebrate her 1st birthday. Her Momma has already received over 400 "yes" RSVP's. Very exciting time! I wish them lot's more time on this earth with their loving families.

Also, while you're at it, if you don't mind... can you ask the man upstairs to bring Neo back to us if possible. Neo is our cat that went missing during that yucky storm 9 days ago. I don't even know how he got out. But since this is a new house, my guess is he can't find his way back. We all miss him and are worried. Thanks.

No comments: